Have You Moved And Need To Update Your Address?

Change of Address Requirements

Form 8822

IRS FAQ - Change of Address
Online Taxes OLT Logo Online Taxes - IRS Authorized E-file ProviderOnline Taxes  slogan - Simple fast Secure
Home  |  About Us  |  Products  |  Customer Service  |  States  |  Tax Corner Follow www_OLT_com on Facebook Follow www_OLT_com on Twitter
   Your Return

  Start a New 2013 Tax Return
  Login to My 2013 Tax Return
  Correct My Rejected Return
  Amend A Tax Return
  Prior Year Return
  Status of My Tax Refund

  IRS Tax Forms/Publications
  State Tax Forms/Publications

  What is E-File?
   More Information

  OnLine Taxes State Home Page
  OnLine Taxes Guarantee
  Site Limitations

 How To File A Change of Address with the IRS
Should I notify the IRS of my change of address?

If you have moved, or your address has changed, you need to notify the IRS to ensure that you receive any IRS tax refund or correspondence. You may correct the address legibly on the mailing label that came with your tax package, or write the new address on your income tax return when you file. When your tax return is processed, the IRS will update your records.

If you change your address after filing your return, you should, of course, notify the post office at your old address so your mail can be forwarded (not all post offices forward government checks). To change your address with the IRS, write to the service center where you filed your last return and provide your new address. (The service center addresses are listed in the instructions to the tax forms.)

For the IRS to process a change of address, they need your full name, old and new addresses, and your social security number or employer identification number and signature. If you filed a joint return, you should provide the same information and signatures for both spouses. If you filed a joint return, and then you and your spouse established separate residences, you both should notify the IRS of your new addresses.

Form 8822, Change of Address, is available to help you submit an address change, but is optional.

The U.S. Post Office will furnish the IRS with change of address updates weekly. Tax forms will be mailed to the last change of address furnished by the Post Office.


IRS Authorized e-File Provider!
Click to Verify - This site has chosen a VeriSign SSL Certificate to improve Web site security
TRUSTe online privacy certification
Click for the Business Review of On-Line Taxes, Inc. HACKER SAFE certified sites prevent over 99.9% of hacker crime.


About Us
Privacy Policy
Disclaimer Terms of Use
Online Taxes Guarantee
Site Limitation
Unsubscribe Email

Tax Deadlines
Tax Forms
Tax Publications
Tax Brackets
Tax Rates
Tax News and Blog.