Would you like to speed up your e-file and refund process? On-Line Taxes, Inc. at www.olt.com offers tips to help you get your refund faster!
- Make a list of what you will need to be completely ready to
file online. For example:
- Bank 1099's
- Home loan statement
- Charitable donation documentation
- Investment statements
- Locate social security cards for you, your spouse, and your
dependents (names and numbers must match IRS records).
- If someone else lived in your home, they may also count as a
dependent. Read the rules.
- Gather the amount of your child-care expenses and provider
tax ID to get the full Child Care Credit.
- Pull last year’s tax return to compare to this year. It also
has the information you need to utilize the PIN program for
- If you own a house, have large contributions or paid high
sales tax, try the itemized deductions Schedule A and
compare the total to the Standard deduction. You may be
surprised to learn that itemizing is for you!
- Make a list of life changes. Did you get married? Have a
child? Purchase a home? Sell a home? Set aside money
for someone's education? Save for retirement? Make a
contribution to charity?
- Be aware that tax rules have changed. Exemption amounts
have increased, standard deductions have increased, and the
standard mileage rate has increased.
- Make up your mind to “Do it now”. You can file with IRS
using www.olt.com for your 2011 Income Tax Return.
- Relax! You really can do your own taxes. If you have questions or
problems, contact our Customer Support for help!