Online Taxes OLT Logo Online Taxes - IRS Authorized E-file ProviderOnline Taxes  slogan - Simple fast Secure
Home  |  About Us  |  Products  |  Customer Service  |  States  |  Tax Corner Follow www_OLT_com on Facebook Follow www_OLT_com on Twitter
   Your Return

  Start a New 2013 Tax Return
  Login to My 2013 Tax Return
  Correct My Rejected Return
  Amend A Tax Return
  Prior Year Return
  Status of My Tax Refund

  IRS Tax Forms/Publications
  State Tax Forms/Publications

  What is E-File?
   More Information

  OnLine Taxes State Home Page
  OnLine Taxes Guarantee
  Site Limitations

 Arizona Part Year and Nonresident
If you are not sure if you are an Arizona resident for state income tax purposes, you should get Arizona Department of Revenue Income Tax Procedure ITP 92-1.


You are a resident of Arizona if your domicile is in Arizona. Domicile is the place where you have your permanent home. It is where you intend to return if you are living or working temporarily in another state or country. If you leave Arizona for a temporary period, you are still an Arizona resident while gone. A resident is subject to tax on all income no matter where the resident earns the income.

The Arizona Form 140 is for full year residents only. You may not file a joint Arizona income tax return on Form 140 if any of the following apply.

  1. Your spouse is a nonresident alien (citizen of and living in another country).
  2. Your spouse is a resident of another state.
  3. Your spouse is a part-year Arizona resident.

If filing a joint return with your nonresident spouse, you may file a joint return using Form 140NR. See Form 140NR instructions. If filing a joint return with your part-year resident spouse, you may file a joint return using Form 140PY. Select the appropriate option for part year or nonresident.

Part-Year Residents

If you are a part-year resident, you must file Form 140PY, Part-Year Resident Personal Income Tax Return.

You are a part-year resident if you did either of the following during 2005.

  • You moved into Arizona with the intent of becoming a resident.
  • You moved out of Arizona with the intent of giving up your Arizona residency.


If you are a nonresident, you must file Form 140NR, Nonresident Personal Income Tax Return.


IRS Authorized e-File Provider!
Click to Verify - This site has chosen a VeriSign SSL Certificate to improve Web site security Truste Seal Click for the Business Review of On-Line Taxes, Inc. HACKER SAFE certified sites prevent over 99.9% of hacker crime.


About Us
Privacy Policy
Disclaimer Terms of Use
Online Taxes Guarantee
Site Limitation

Tax Deadlines
Tax Forms
Tax Publications
Tax Brackets
Tax Rates
Tax News and Blog.