Prepare An Amended Tax Return

Service Fees For Preparation Of An Amended Return

Process of Filing an Amended Return

OnLine Taxes offers 1040X amended returns!

OnLine Taxes Amended Returns! Making Your Life Easier!

Do you need to make a correction or addition to your accepted tax return? Did you leave a W-2 off your tax return? Forget to claim a credit? Did not take a deduction you are entitled to?
You are in LUCK!
OnLine Taxes will help you file amended returns for federal and state income tax returns.

So, what is next?

We make it easy for you! Online Taxes will take you through a simple question and answer process and list your completed tax forms for you to mail in to the IRS. We do all of the calculations for you!

An amended return (1040X) is the tax form that is filed when you need to correct or make a change to an accepted (or already filed) return. You basically have what was filed (or as adjusted by the IRS), what should have been filed (the corrected information), and a 1040X that outlines the differences and provides an explanation.

We will generate the corrected tax forms and the 1040X for you. You will need to provide a copy of the original return with your figures for what was filed (either your original return as filed or the corrected amounts from the IRS).

Amended returns can not be electronically filed and will have to be mailed in to the IRS and/or state with a signature.

Current Customers: Completing an Amended Return

You simply need to log in to your OnLine Taxes account with your username and password you created at the time you filed your original return. There will be a link available to select to file an amended return.

  • You will be taken through a series of interview questions. You will need to input your corrected information at this time.
  • When you get to the end, you may be asked to enter information as changed by the IRS. This will help us compute the 1040X for you.
  • You will then be able to print and mail in your completed amended return to the address provided.

New Customers: Completing an Amended Return

If you have not filed your original accepted return with us, you will need to create an OnLine Taxes account by selecting a username and password. Then choose the 1040X Amended Return. Once you log in, follow the on screen directions and complete the interview.

  • You will first need to enter the information from your corrected return (or what should have been filed).
  • Your next step is to enter your information as it was filed (or corrected by the IRS).
  • We will compare the two and complete your 1040X for you.
  • You will then be able to print and mail in your completed amended return to the address provided.

Simple    |    Fast    |    Accurate