You can check the status of your Kentucky income tax refund by calling (502) 564-1600. You will need to know your SSN and Refund Amount.
It is anticipated that income tax refunds from Kentucky tax returns filed in the Federal/State Electronic Filing Program will be issued in two to three weeks. The following conditions may delay tax refunds and/or change tax refund amounts on electronically filed returns:
- The taxpayer owes delinquent Kentucky taxes.
- The taxpayer owes a debt to another state agency or to the IRS.
- The estimated tax payments claimed on the return do not match the estimated tax payments recorded on KRCís estimated tax file.
- The refund amount is adjusted when the electronic return is processed.
- Bad addresses. Common problems are addresses containing a rural route. While the Cabinet recognizes that some rural routes still exist in Kentucky, most rural routes have been eliminated and assigned a street name with a house number. You should verify that the rural route is still a valid address before utilizing this address on the your return. Another common problem is an address that contains both a post office box number and a street address. Post office equipment cannot determine which address to utilize. Only one address should be submitted.
Visit Kentucky Department of Revenue to check the status of your tax refund.
Kentucky Department of Revenue